Microsoft ended support for Windows XP in 2014 and for Windows Server 2003 in 2015.
Technology is moving forward and these unsupported operating systems are not. Security and compatability issues are on the rise and maintaining support is absorbing resources. We strongly feel that it would be in the best interests of our customers for us to redirect those resources to where they can be used more effectively. Hence we will be discontinuing support for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 from versiondog 8.5 onward. The release of versiondog 8.5 is scheduled for the end of 2020.
Was does this mean for versiondog customers?
- From versiondog 8.5 onward, it will no longer be possible to install the versiondog client or server software on computers with Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 operating systems.
- From versiondog 8.5 onward, the use of versiondog Agents will no longer be supported on computers with Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 operating systems.
versiondog systems up to and including versiondog 8.0 will continue to run on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Use of versiondog Gateways will also be possible.
Our solution for Check-In and Check-Out on XP, NT and Linux operating systems
Check-In and Check-Out functionality will continue to be available on Windows XP, Windows NT and Linux operating systems via the versiondog eOS-Client.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR USE CASE!
We know that there are reasons why some of our customers want to continue using these older operating systems. Tell us about your use case and we will work with you to find a tailored solution.
What is your versiondog requirement with regard to Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 operating systems?
- Do you use versiondog Agents?
- Do you have versiondog Gateways?
- Do you want to use the Check-In and Check-Out functions?
- Do you have a different case altogether?
Talk to us about your individual situation.
We will be delighted to help you find the best possible solution.
Our support team is looking forward to hearing from you!