Manufacturers have to maintain the highest possible levels of efficiency while keeping production facility availability at a maximum. Against this background, a continued escalation in the degree of automation and the number of control processes is inevitable. Demand for a wide range of models and customisation options is driving a seemingly unlimited increase in the complexity of individual fabrication processes. versiondog provides solutions to help meet the continual stream of new quality management requirements while maintaining a clear, documented production process change history.
The full potential of this emerging development has by no means been reached. But one thing is clear, thanks to today's information and communications technologies, the fourth industrial revolution, as it is also known, is well and truly underway. New IT infrastructures have made it possible to interconnect production facilities, components and devices as never before. High-performance sensors can now retrieve and exchange data in real time. The result? Production processes are becoming much more agile and efficient.
How far is your company on the way to the smart factory?
- Keep precise track of all changes made by vendors / external programmers
Automatically backup all production line equipment, including PLCs, CNCs, HMIs, robots, drives, sensors, etc.
- Save time by eliminating the need for manual backups
- Reduce downtime
- Minimise loss of revenue due to production stoppages
Alarm function if desired values and parameters deviate from tolerance
- Use preventive maintenance to avoid defective operation and minimise wastage
Complete change history for all control software projects
- Ensure clarity and certainty in all production areas
- Detect unauthorised changes
- Significantly speed up troubleshooting
Complete documentation for audit trails of control program changes
- Save time with standardised documentation
- Simplify complex auditing tasks
- Generate audit trails at the click of a button
- Ease adherence to VDA 6.x
Management of standard program block library including usage list and detailed comparisons
- Increase production quality and dependability
Customers from the automotive industry industry use versiondog to:
- Centralise the change management of project data
- Backup device data automatically
- Automate documentation and always know WHO changed WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and WHY
- Ease coordination when operating multiple shifts
- Quickly modify production processes for product variations
- Ensure consistent quality
- Save time and money in all production facilities
Automotive manufacturer speeds up S7 firmware updates with versiondog Factory Floor Status
In the production facility of one particular German automotive manufacturer, SIMATIC S7 firmware updates used to require a great deal of man hours and represented a huge organisational challenge. These updates are rolled out frequently in order to fix device errors, for example, and each time the same questions are asked: “Which firmware and hardware is installed on which PLCs? Which devices will actually be affected by the update?”
No more searching for software
“Education and a high level of knowledge are key factors in ensuring good maintenance. They learn how to use versiondog during their training so they are ready to go as soon as they are finished.“
Klaus Wanninger, head of electrical maintenance at Mann + Hummel
Versiondog Floor Status
versiondog Factory Floor Status
versiondog Factory Floor Status is an invaluable aid for predictive maintenance and in ensuring sustained high production quality in automated facilities – everything at a glance, from wherever you are on the network. See the current status of automatic backup and compare jobs and the results of comparison with the latest version of the project on the versiondog system. Additional device-specific information is also monitored and displayed so that the precise status of each device is always readily available and can be clearly seen.
Quality management in the automotive industry
The IATF 16949:2016 ensures uniform standards for quality management that take into consideration the complexity inherent to the supply chain of the automotive sector. But what exactly is the IATF and what requirements does this new standard entail?
- Case study
- Case study
- Versiondog Floor Status
- IATF 16949
What can we do for you today?
If you have any questions at all about versiondog or want to arrange an individual web or on-site demonstration, then we will be delighted to hear from you!
T +49 6341 6810-440